Monday, February 21, 2005

Beth is Sick

This weekend I had to waste most of my weekend with Beth in the Hospital. (she was not working, she was actually in the hospital). She has rotor virus. This is a virus that makes you sick. She would not drink or eat anything. I know from past experience that you feed a fever and starve a cold. She had a low grade feaver of 104.00, so I made here a delicious dinner complete with steak, baked potoatoe and diet coke with rum. Well apparently that wasn't good enough for her. She refused to eat any of it. She would not even drink the diet coke and rum.

Later that day, she said she was feeling dehydrated. Of course she was, she wouldn't drink the wine and margaritas that I had made for her. So we then had to go to the hospital for her to get an IV D5W TKO.

She seems to be feeling better now. If she only had listened to me in the first place and eaten her dinner and had the drinks, she would not have been dehydrated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandson has this virus and is in the hospital, they will not give him anything but IV fluid. He is almost 2 yrs. old. What is this virus and should I get him to another hospital? I am worried.