Sunday, May 28, 2006

RIP Wheelbarrow

Our big tree pulled a "desticle" on us last night. Beth was answering a page at 3 a.m. this morning and heard a huge CRASH. She assumed that the tree had fallen on our house or worse yet, on our new deck. This morning when we went outside, we found out that the newly fixed wheelbarrow had taken most of the damage.



The newly constructed fence held up well, I think I will only have to replace one piece of latice.

As you can see the branch is larger then Beth or Libby. It was about 25 feet long and over 20 inches around in places. It also weighed over 4 tons* before I cut it into pieces.

This is where the brach came from.

After going to Lowes to buy a chainsaw, I spent the next few house in 93 degree heat dragging the branch out of the "jungle" and cutting it into pieces.


Here are before and after photos of the newly repaired wheelbarrow:


*4 tons is just an estimate made by someone who exaggerates alot.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You need more pictures. I really didn't feel like I got the whole experience. Maybe add in some pictures of what the tree looked like when it was little, and pictures of you cutting down the tree, and you fixing the wheelbarrow.

Jon said...

You don't get it do you Dave? Do I need to post more pictures? The wheelbarrow is unrepairable as it was smashed by a 4 ton (8,000 lb) tree branch.

rudi said...

You call that a branch? That looks more like a twig compared to what fell in our house.

I'm glad the fence held up - you wouldn't want the weiner (dogs) to get lost in the bush!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that your mother-in-law suggested that you hire someone to trim that mighty oak tree before she left. I am glad that it didn't fall on your roof. John and I charge alot more for roof repair!

Mom

Rich said...

Nice to see that you’re fitting in down south by displaying your belonging in your yard…..

Why was the wheelbarrow out in the yard not put away?