Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Yankees Leave

Beth's parents left this morning for the trip up north to Michigan. We enjoyed having them here and it was a great break for me. With my new job I don't get any days off or vacation time, but with the Grandparents here I dont' think I was allowed to hold, feed or change Libby once the entire time. And in keeping with the tradition of having family come down to Memphis and putting them to work, I kept John pretty busy with odd jobs around the house.

A new light was installed above the deck.

Along with an outlet to plug the blender in when I make margaritas.

The garage door button had never worked since we moved in, and the only way it could be opend or closed was using the remote opener. But John re-ran the wire and hooked it all back up so it now works like new.

The handles on the wheelbarrow were replaced, one had been broken since I found it in the shed when we moved in. The only place I could find to buy replacement handles was Sears. Home Depot and Lowes do not carry them.

A new faucet was installed in the back lavatory. For those of you who have stayed back there, you will really appreciate how nicely this one works.

A new faucet was also installed in the kitchen. For those of you who have used out old kitchen faucet you will appreciate this one. It is much taller and the handles aren't backwards.

He installed the gate that he made and my mother in law painted. It is so nice having this up to keep the dogs in the backyard.

And then my mother in law and, Beth and John worked on the backyard trying to tame the jungle. A bunch of hostas and other plants were planted along with 13 bags of mulch and one bag of peat moss put down.




And last but not least, here is the fence that I installed a few weeks ago to keep the dogs from roaming in the back brush.

***Note to Rudi*** At no time was I sleeping while any of these projects going on.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Shouldn't the Gate be a Confederate Flag instead of the Stars and Stripes?

Jon said...

Dan, we call it the Southern Cross down here.