Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Poster


Beth is in Orlando this weekend at the ASH Conference. It is the largest and most prestigous of all of the hemotology conferences. She was chosen to present a poster that had something to do with pediatric cancer (I am sure she told me 50 times what it was about, but I wasn't listening). Now when I heard that she was presenting a poster, I assumed it would be a little piece of poster board with a graph and a few pictures. The poster she made was incredible, it was 4 feet by 8 feet long and had a ton of information I didn't understand. Since she had never presented a poster like she she asked one of her fellow Fellows for some advice. The first thing that the Fellow said was "Don't forget your poster".

Flash back to Friday night. I had just got done talking to the cops and letting them know that the burglar alarm was a false alarm when I got a phone call from Beth, who I had just dropped off at the airport. She as sitting on the plane and remembered that she didn't have her poster with her. In all the confusion of me rushing to drop her off and get home to see if we had been robbed, Beth left her poster in the trunk. So after a few frantic calls to Kinko's I found one that would except Fed-Ex packages up until 10 p.m. for next day delivery. So I re-bundled Libby up and drove out to Kinko's and for the low price of $55, the poster was at Beth's hotel by 9:30 a.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You live in Memphis, Fed Ex should come to your door, package it up and ship it 24-7 for Free. The only perk of living that Crime Ridden city.

BoxcatAV said...

Congrats on the poster preso acceptance! Very cool. I'm surprised you didn's rush down there like Greg Brady did with his dad's drawings...