Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Potty Training

For years my family has loved to playfully tease my oldest nephew about the odd bathroom habits he use to have. While going to the bathroom he use to have to be completely naked, have the fan running or window open, eating a bowl of grapes, while his mother did a Scottish jig outside the bathroom. Apparently I am being punished for all the teasing I did because Libby has turned out to be even odder.

While sitting on the potty, Libby likes to have chairs flanking her, with books on one side, and a snack and drink on the other. She needs to be naked from the waist down (including shoes and socks) and have a blanket covering her and holding her baby. And she also must be watching TV, preferably Hi-5 or Backyardigans.

She is kinda starting to get the hang of going on the toilet. So far she has gone tinkle 4 times and had a HUGE celebration each time. Also she is starting to dislike the feeling of wet or dirty diapers and will tell us immediately after they happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. In the same way God gave me two children similar to me (just like Mom asked God to do), God has given you kids to do all of the things that you mocked our kids about.

rudi said...

If I could have a TV in the bathroom or move the toilet to the living room, I would. Way to go Libby.