Monday, April 21, 2008

New House


Last Thursday we flew up to Michigan on a house hunting excursion. My sister Sue was nice enough to watch Libby and Reagan for us so Beth and I were kidless on Friday and Saturday. We stayed at the Amway Grand Hotel and had dinner at Bistro Bella Vita with some of her new colleagues. After narrowing it down to two houses on Friday we revisited them on Saturday with Beth's parents to get a new set of eyes on the situation. We then decided on the above house and put in an offer. The offer was accepted about an hour later after some great negotiating by our Realtor. As long as nothing changes our move in date will be June 22nd. The house will be in the 2008 Grand Rapids Parade of Homes if anyone wants to visit it and pay money to walk through it (all donations will be going to charity). Click here if you would like to see some pictures of the inside.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. That is gorgeous.

However, I must add that I am disappointed that you didn't photograph the Guest Room that you are building for when Mike and I come to visit, you know ...the one with the dachshund-print wallpaper ...

:/

BoxcatAV said...

Your realtor [with a capital R] negotiated that all that furniture would be part of the deal too, right?

Very pretty.

Are we paying for you to move or do you need helpers?

Miss Laura said...

Oy. Vey. Love that fireplace.

In what municipality is this? Can you say, or at least code it in Pig Latin for us?

Jon said...

As Anne Smeltema would say "it is in Smada"

Sarah said...

P.S. I just looked at the picture of your kitchen, and it appears to me that you will need some All-Clad to go with it ...along with some gadgets ... let me know if I can, um, (ahem) assit you in your purchases ... Remember: I get everything for 40% off ...

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is awesome! I guess we know where all the family parties will be, right?? Have you sold your TN house?

Miss Laura said...

Jon, upon further inspection of those photos, I believe it's fair to warn you that I may be breaking into your house to take a bath at some point. Don't worry, I'll do it when none of you are home and will bring my own towel. I'm not one of those creepy people.

Brian said...

sweet, now i will have a place to crash when i dont feel like commuting home to Lansing from GR everyday...thanks guys!

In return you get a dull mind and a strong back to assist you in your moving efforts

Melissa said...

It is a lovely home! Congrats on making the first step to being "settled"!

Rich said...

at least you will save on lawn care...

so how many blocks north of 28th is it on division...

Stacy said...

The house is beautiful! Congratulations on getting back to Michigan!