Monday, April 24, 2006

Mike's Birthday


While up in Michigan for the week, I went to my buddy Mike's surprise 54th birthday party. His niece Stella was kind enough to throw it for Mike since it was hard for me to plan being 800 miles away.

The party was alot of fun and I got to see a bunch of guys I use to work with. It was held at our favorite Bay City bar, The Big House. (and no, Mike is not touching my nipple in this picture)

Mike is the youngest of three children. His brother joked that he and his sister often get mistaken for Mike's parents. This is ironic since I have been mistaken for Mike's son on many occasion.

This is Stella, Mike's eldest niece. Since Mike got a boat this year, all of his presents were of a nautical theme. Stella is holding the hooker here. Stella and I have not gotten along well this year because Mike decided to leave me his boat in his will. I even voluntarily gave up his house since there is no way I could keep it up living in the mid-south.

After leaving the Big House bar, we went to Stables Cigar and Martini bar which was an old horse barn. They still had the stalls there that you could hang out in. Couches and tables were added for comfort.

It was pretty embarassing, I had ordered a Dirty Martini, but instead they accidently sent me the same thing Stella was drinking called a Tiny Bikini Martini. Instead of sending it back, I just drank it.

4 comments:

Will said...

Wow, I haven't seen Mike in about 13 years! Next time you talk to him, please tell him I saw his picture and he looks awfully well preserved for a man his age.

Jon said...

All the gin he drinks keeps him looking young and well preserved.

Dan said...

Does anyone else think he looks like Richard Branson?

Anonymous said...

It looks as if Cat planned an awesome party all the way from Nebraska, I don't know how she managed to pull it off long distance.
One correction, Cat is really the oldest niece, I know it's a mistake made often? Looks like we missed an awesome party for nautical Mike, The man wears many hats!
PS Was Dawn? Fawn? Twawan? Tawan? able to attend? Did he ever leave?
Hope everyone had a wonderful time, you're thanks is welcomed but not needed as I already think pretty highly of Cat!
PSS Stella did a good job helping Cat plan such an event as she even managed to bring Betty and Joe together for a fun filled evening, Joe thought he was going to meet Chuckles and Betty thought she was going to the Riteaid store.