Saturday, December 08, 2007

Adventures in Potty Training


Last week while putting up our Christmas tree, Libby finally showed an interest in her potty chair. So Beth decided that we would let Libby run around bare bottomed so that when she had to potty she could quickly sit down and use her potty chair. After about 10 minutes of naked tree trimming, Libby screamed "oh-no" as she peed under the Christmas tree, not quite making it to the potty chair. Before we could stop her, she ran into the kitchen grabbed a towel and started cleaning it up herself.
Later that night while Libby was playing in her bed before she fell asleep, I went in to check on her to see what the noises were all about. I saw her in the dark and something didn't look quite right, it turns out she had taken off her pajamas and diaper, peed on the comforter and was laying naked under the covers.
So Libby is not yet potty trained, but she is still young. My brother-in-law Rudi's mother told me he wasn't completely out of diapers until he was five.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Beth got that naked thing from the Burmeisters. I don't know, Jon, it worked for them!!

Laura said...

Hey, at least she's recognizing that she needs to go, even if it is on her comforter. That's progress. :>) And the bare-bum method works. You just have to take her to the potty every 20 minutes. It's brutal, but eventually they get the idea.

Rich said...

Dude.. Looking at this post has given me an idea.. I need a potty chair for the living room... Maybe install some speaker and a drink holder....

That could be a gift idea for Will.....

Anonymous said...

jk

Anonymous said...

no need to wipe sweetie I will use my tounge, then bend you over naked and give you a nice juicy reward

Anonymous said...

good girl getting naked in bed, let me join you in bed u can pee all over me

Anonymous said...

I did that with my girls, f we were home alone I would have them in panties and get them to drink lots before we cuddled, quite often they would just pee on me through their panties, now I had little girl pee on me which I love AND I had their pee soaked panties to sniff, sometimes I would jerk off into the panties while they watched me