Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stop Thief


Around 5:30 this evening we got a call from our credit card company's fraud division. I assumed it was because I had just purchased an airline ticket online going in the opposite direction that we usually fly. While I was on hold, Beth went to look in her purse and discovered that her driver's license, credit card and two bank cards had been stolen out of her purse. Now I don't want to blame a child with cancer, but it was stolen at St Jude Children's Research Hospital. The thief had gone to Macy's and spent over $1200 so far. All banks have been notified and accounts have been closed. I am glad she doesn't keep her social security card in her purse like Rudi had suggested she do.
Beth is now going to follow her mother's advice and wear a fanny pack everywhere she goes.

7 comments:

Dan said...

Beth can't use the fanny pack because Dana is using it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rudi said...

Shopping spree at Macy's? Your criminals are lame.

Jon said...

Rudi we don't have the hardcore gangstas like you have up there in Minnie.

Noel Heikkinen said...

When my debit card was stolen out of my mailbox all the money was spent at restaurants and "large women's stores."

My 2 next door neighbor ladies easily topped 400 pounds collectively.

Miss Laura said...

I would really recommend some sort of lime green fanny pack with black zippers and a palm tree-like logo on the front. I think that would complement Beth's coloring better.

BoxcatAV said...

Maybe her co-workers were trying to follow her lead and go on a shopping spree?