Friday, May 16, 2008

Home Inspection

On Saturday the buyer is having the home inspected in the morning. The girls and I are going over to Isabelle's house to hang out there while it is going down. I have been getting all sorts of little projects down around the house in preparation for it. I have trimmed all the bushes from around the house (boy does it make the house look bigger), cleaned out the gutters and last but not least, I finished installing the faucet in the back bathroom.



Almost two years ago to the day, my father-in-law installed this faucet on a visit down here. Some how a plastic washer got mangled and a new one had to be ordered. He explained exactly how to install it when it did arrive. I figured it was going to be a pain in the butt, so I never installed it. The sink never leaked because it was hardly ever used and the only way it could leak is if the sink stopper was down and the sink filled with water, then drained. This never happened. But I figured that the inspector might try this, so I went to work on installing the plastic washer on the pop-up ball rod (yes Rudi, I know I just said "ball rod"). Literally 18 seconds later it was installed and is working perfectly.

Now I just have to figure out how to make a 12 year water heater and a 20 year old furnace look brand new.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Mike Koch loves the end result of manscaping--I mean landscaping.

Good luck with everything!

:)