Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas with the In-Laws



We spent Christmas day with Beth's side of the family. Libby loved being held by her Aunt Laura. We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Bartman's around 1 p.m., and had the thermostat turned down and windows open 5 minutes later. Everyone knows that it will be hotter then Hades at their house so they try to dress appropriately. Rudi must have forgotten.



In his haste to cool down, he drank all four beers (bud light nevertheless) before dinner was over.


My niece Elise received a cool popper machine that plays a song as she drags it around. I got a great monkey ornament from my Aunt Rhonda.



At about 4 p.m. we packed up and headed over to Grandma Bonner's house. We ate again and then opened presents. Rudi got a beautiful handmade poncho just like Martha Stewart wears. Beth's Aunt Margie and Uncle Brian and her two cousins Hilary and Breque came up from Florida. We hadn't seen them since Errin and Rudi's wedding and they hadn't met Libby yet.



This is a picture of all of the Bonner girls. For some reason, only girls are born into this family. Beth is the oldest grand-daughter at 31 and Libby is the newest great-grand-daughter.



This is the greatest picture I have ever seen. It hangs at Grandma Bonner's house. Everytime I see it I wonder how that awkward girl in the middle could become my beautiful wife. Every year the girls all say they are going to get the picture retaken so that this one can come down. Hasn't happened yet, and if it does I will make sure the picture hangs over my fireplace.

No comments: