Sunday, December 11, 2005

Gone but forgotten?




My sister Boom does such a great job of making us feel missed while we are living down in Memphis. This week Gabe and Allie each send us a card they had made. The top one Gabe made for us and the bottom one is Allie's. Both sides of the envelopes were covered in beautiful stickers. Also every once in a while Susan sends Beth short movies she makes of the kids singing or dancing around. Beth LOVES watching them. At random times when she is studying on her laptop in the other room I will hear the movies being played over and over again.

Apparently others in my family don't miss us as much as my sister does. My oldest nephew had a birthday party on Saturday and we didn't even receive an invitation, we didn't even know it was going on until my parents called us on their way home. I realize that there was no way we could have made it up to the party, but it would have been nice to have been invited. I even thought maybe I was being a bit sensitive about this, but when I mentioned it to Beth, she felt hurt also. Beth always thought she had a special bond with the nephew's mother. Beth said "I always thought we were more then just sister-in-laws, I always thought of her as my oldest sister." The entire family was there having a good time. It really would have lifted our spirts to have at least been included in the celebration by having received a phone call or something.

Maybe after Beth's three year fellowship we won't move back to Michigan. Apparently we are gone and forgotten by some of the family.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Who are you and why do have links to my blog?

Oh wait, yeah, you're my brother Jon. We're waiting to receive an invite down to visit you - OR for you to come up and watch the kids for a week sometime while Cathie and I go on vacation!

Jon said...

Dave, you know it is an open invitation for you and your family to come down and visit. I figure when we lived in Grand Rapids, 2 hours away, you visited twice and one of those times was on your way back from vacation and your practically drove down our street on your way home. Being 12 hours away we aren't holding our breath for you to come and visit.

Jon said...

No "actual" invitations were received? So you or Dan didn't call, fax, email, telegraph, or smoke signal anyone about the party? Quite odd that most of the family showed up at the same time at the same address on the same day....coincidence, I think NOT!!!

Unknown said...

Good point. We'll see you in 3 years.

Anonymous said...

I think I found Bert! I've been meaning to send Bethie a picture of our tree so she can find Ernie. Maybe I'll do that this afternoon. It won't be the same without going to church together.