Sunday, January 15, 2006

And a second time.....



Wow is there ever egg on my face. When my brother in law Rudi and his wife Errrin were up here in September to meet Libby, we played a few games of Euchre. I made fun of and blogged about Rudi getting euchred when he "went alone". Well last night we were over at Isabelle's house for a evening of fun and Euchre. Damon and I were on a team playing against Beth and Jen when it happened again. I went alone and got euchred. In my defense:

1. A few hands before I had gone alone with a five hearts and gotten 4 points.
2. Damon and I were up by like 8 points already
3. I was half way through my second Zima of the evening (the only adult beverage that Damon
and Jen keep in their house)

Well it all ended ok and we beat the girls 3 games out of 4.

2 comments:

Will said...

Two things:
1. I have a book you can read about euchre that should help.
2. Dude, I don't care if it was the only thing left on earth to drink... Zima? We're revoking your Man card.

rudi said...

a) I'm not a gay cowboy, stop fantasizing.
b)past loner hands are irrelevant, play each loner hand like you can get at least 3 tricks
c)i'm pretty sure Errin and I were up like 8pts on you and Paul when i went alone, so that is also irrelevant. but at least i clearly stated that i didn't think i would get it, and that i was only doing it because we were kicking your butt so badly!
d)Euchre is supposed to be played while drinking, two ZIMA's should not impair your Euchre game. if it does then you must be gay, and it makes perfect sense that you were drinking Zima in the first place!