Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our Friend Anne

Last week during our whirlwind trip to Michigan, we visited one of our friends Anne. Here are a few things I learned about Anne during the visit.
  • Anne loves large home electronics. She has the largest laptop I have ever seen, it is larger then most desktops. Her pager is so large that she must plug it in to a wall socket and carry it around in a fanny-pack. Anne's camera is big enough to even satisfy my brother-in-law Paul. The one exception to this is televisions. During the tour of her house, Anne bragged to me about her two televisions, one is a 13 incher in her bedroom, and then the granddaddy is the 17 incher in her living room that turns on whenever you walk near it.
  • Anne has her priorities all kattywampus. She insists that she needs new bedroom furniture before she would redo her basement into a media room.
  • While Beth and I consider Anne our friend, Anne always has to qualify our friendship by saying that we are "her friend Errin's sister and brother-in-law".
  • Anne just moved into a great little house in the Alger Heights neighborhood, very close to were we use to live in Grand Rapids. According to Beth, it is the largest house she has ever been in and the use of space is second to none.
  • Anne asked me some great questions about how to keep a clean house. She even asked me to start emailing her once a week with some of my helpful cleaning tips. I am looking forward to our next visit so I can see her progress.

3 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

Your post makes me laugh. My pager isn't THAT big. You should talk to my IT department about it.

You raise a good point about our friendship. I apologize for qualafying it. (I can't spell past 10 p.m. apparently). You are my friends outright! I guess we just have Errin to thank for introducing us:-)

Anonymous said...

Haha...Anne, how does it feel to make it on one of Jon's many ridiculous lists? Perhaps you feel like a true member of our wonderful family now! You can't hang around too long without being made fun of by Jon.

Jon said...

Errin, you know the Kurt Creed: We only make fun of the ones we love.