Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday to my sister

This post is done by guest blogger Beth

Today is my favorite sister's birthday. Laura turns 30 something today. Here are some deep dark secrets not many people know about her.
  • When we were younger (1 and 3) and taking a bath together, Laura pooped in the tub
  • Laura has been married twice, within two days, to the same man. She also forgot to tell our mom about it
  • During high school, Laura dated a rock star who wrote a power ballad about her. Their favorite date was to go dancing in the dark at houses under construction
  • Laura was known in our dance classes to way over use "jazz hands"
  • In middle school, Laura played the clarinet, not because she liked it, but because she knew the smelly reeds bothered me
  • Laura, like me, was also a nerd in high school. She was also a member of the Science Olympiad team, but unlike me, didn't come in first place in the country in Weights and Measures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought she married Paul twice, but in successive days, Friday before the rehearsal dinner then again on Saturday??

Jon said...

This was a different guy, Julio, from El Salvador.

Will said...

Happy Birthday Laura! From a fellow bath pooper.

Laura said...

I'm not sure what to say about this....only that I know Bethie is on call tonight so I'm not sure how she was able to do this post. At any rate, thanks for the memories.

Unknown said...

Will - the difference is, Laura pooped in the tub when she was a baby. Not last week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, THAT husband! Julio was a swarthy chap!

Jon said...

We actually liked Julio better then Paul.

BoxcatAV said...

I thought Beth dated Jeff. Thanks for clearing it up.

Anonymous said...

That's classic.....dancing under construction.....LOL!!!