Saturday, November 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Stretch


Our oldest wiener dog Stretch turned 8 years old today. Here are 5 things you might not know about him.

5. Stretch and I have the same middle name, Mark.
4. Stretch has almost died twice. Once when he ate a staple and the second time when he ate half a bottle of ibuprofen. Both times he was rushed to the emergency vet and after hundreds of dollars in vet bills he fully recovered.
3. Stretch is very lazy. Even though he is able to jump into bed by himself (with the help of a small ottoman) after eating his breakfast in the morning he insists on having Beth lift him back into bed.
2. Stretch loves to give teeth kisses to people who are special to him. This includes my friend Jeff, our cousin Melissa and my sister-in-law's friend Anne. In defense to Stretch, each of those people were making threatening advances towards Beth or I.
1. Stretch use to have a favorite Aunt named Sarah. This is until she forget his birthday and started cheating on him with some random dachshund she meet walking down the street anda pug.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was the post for Beth's b-day? Do you love Stretch more than Beth?

Happy B-day Stretch!

BoxcatAV said...

Threatning advances?! Hardly. I was just coming in the back door. After being repremanded for coming to the front door before. "back door guests are best", according to you, Mr. K.

Miss Laura said...

Ooooh, you burnt! Nice one, Anne! Oh, and Jon, I tagged you...go read my blog.

Sarah said...

Jon,

Is that the same picture that you used on Stretch's birthday last year? Also, where is Zoe's birthday post? I searched your archives and couldn't find it ...

:P

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Stretch! And in my defense......I don't thinking trying to learn how to feed you is threatening to either your mom or dad! I suppose I will still love you and if you ever live near me again, I would love to take care of you!

rudi said...

Anne, anytime someone comes in the back door it is a threatening advance, even if Jon prefers you to enter through the back door.