Tuesday, November 06, 2007

P.D.O.

Libby has her first day of "school" tomorrow. She will be going to a "Parents Day Out" program one day a week from 8:45 until 2:45 p.m. She has a cute little back-pack with her name on it that she will bring her lunch and a change of clothes. We are not sure how she is going to do for such a long period of time away from us, but know that it will be good for her. She usually cries the entire hour she is away from us in the nursery at church. It will be interesting to see how she does eating lunch and taking a nap away from us.
The program seems to be a really good one from what we have seen and heard. There are 13 kids all within 2 months of Libby and 3 teachers to watch over them.
We are hoping that Libby's separation anxiety will get better and that she will learn to interact with other kids (aka sharing) better.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember when you used to run around quoting Dr. Laura, telling us that "pre-school was nothing more than baby-sitting for parents who didn't want to spend time with their kids?"

I think you should publicly do the "I was wrong and had no clue what I was talking about" dance.

Sooze said...

Huh. I was hoping that I was going to be the first one to point this out.

I have this marked as the #213 thing that Jon said he would NEVER do if he had kids. Whats going to become of homeschooling?? I feel like you are pushing your daughter off to be raised by other people. Hm.

I believe that #214 was that his kids would be potty trained by the time they are 1 year old.

Sarah said...

Um ...I updated my blog if anyone is interested ...

:P

:)

;)

Anonymous said...

Are you telling her it's 'school' so she doesn't feel bad about being in day care? How will she catch up on her day time tv if she's gone so long?

Anonymous said...

Let me see if I can wrap my mind around this...you don't work and don't contribute financially to the family so that you can raise your children. So, why are you paying someone else to do your job with Beth's money?

Remember that one time when you said you were going to home school your children?

boxcatav said...

Does Libby really cry the whole hour when she's in nursery at church? Wow. I'm glad I don't work at that nursery. I struggle with long periods of crying.