Monday, June 02, 2008

Purging


Beth and I are in the process of packing everything up and are amazed at how many boxes we never unpacked when we moved down here. So we are getting rid of a lot of things that we never thought we would throw out. We pitched an entire box of stuff animals from our childhoods. Beth saved her bear "Bruce", but allowed "Koala" to be thrown out if a picture was taken of him.
One of the great things about living in the city of Memphis is that if you don't want something all you have to do is put it out on the curb. People drive by daily looking for stuff. I have thrown out tires, tables, chairs, pieces of wood, plastic pipes and other assorted things and 99% of them are gone within 4 hours. So I actually get hurt feelings when people don't take something I've thrown out.

3 comments:

Hoekzema said...

In Rochester, we left out old basement carpet...this was in the middle of winter, in a dirty snowbank. This carpet was NASTY! Mildew and party fouls galour, not to mention the nails! It was gone within 12 hours...

Jon said...

I heard Rich took that carpet for his basement.

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that Beth still has Bruce!! I remember packing him up in a box with holes and little restaurant packs of honey so he could breath and eat until she opened him. Lets see some pix of Bethie & Bruce!