Thursday, August 18, 2005

Breakin' the Law


On July 18, I was driving Beth to a drug test that she needed to take for work (she passed....but BARELY) and I was pulled over for speeding in a speed trap set up right near my house. The cop said I was going 45 in a 35 area, which was basically impossible. I am known to have quite a lead foot, but this time I really wasn't speeding, so that kinda sucked. The cop wrote it up for 40 in a 35, and told me that usually if I fight it they will dismiss it and just make me pay court costs and I won't get any points. So today was my court date. I got there about 8:30 a.m. for my 9 a.m. appointment. I waited in line for over an hour and as I walked into the court room, one of the clerks was walking up and down the line asking to see the tickets. She grabbed mine, looked and it and wrote "Dismissed" on it. It was great, I didnt' even have to pay court costs. Fight the Power.

No comments: