Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hotter then a mustard fart

I now know why they call it "Hotlanta", Memphis is just amazingly hot. At 10:00 p.m. it was still 92 degrees. I spent most of the morning trimming the hedges with my Black and Decker 16 inch hedge trimmers when all of the sudden they froze up. I figure that a branch had gotten jammed. So I spent about 20 mintues taking them apart to try and un-jam them, and of course they don't use normal screws, I had to dig around to find my "star" shaped un-screwer. I had most of it apart and couldn't find anything wrong with it. So I spent another 45 minutes running up to Home Depot and buying new ones. I got home and plugged them in and still nothing was happening. So I figured I had blown a fuse, after checking the fuse box still nothing. So i finally pulled a "Clark Griswald" from Christmas Vacation and unplugged the extension cord and plugged it back in really HARD and the extension cord snapped in half from where I had trimmed right through it. Of course I couldn't get the old set of trimmers that were perfectly fine before I started messing with them back together, I had to many screws and washers left over. So I ended up throwing them away along with a once perfectly good extention cord. And because of the Home Depot delay I ended up not finishing up until about 12:30 when the heat index was 110 degrees and almost getting heat stroke.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm laughing hard. Sounds like something I'd do, and you'd make fun of me for.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah... And when you say you were "trimming the hedges" was that to make the house look bigger?