Friday, October 21, 2005

Awkward...


Yesterday at the doctor's office, the pediatrician and I were talking about Libby's eating and sleeping habits. When I mentioned that Beth sometimes had to wake Libby up in the middle of the night to breastfeed because of her engorged breasts, she started talking about what Beth could do to relieve the pressure. She kept saying "your breasts" and then quickly correcting herself saying "your wife's breasts" or "mom's breasts". For example she said "You can massage your areola and catch the flow into a cup". Now I am sure she dosen't get alot of stay-at-home-dad's in the office, but it was still a little awkward for both of us.

On that note, I found a couple of very intersting website about men breastfeeding. This one asks the question: Can men breastfeed? ( I think the answer is no)

2 comments:

rudi said...

"You can milk just about anything with nipples."

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

LOL. I love your blog....don't quit blogging. From a new fan.