Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Reason #418


About 10 years ago when my nephew Matt was born, my parents went out and bought a bunch of toys for the grandkids to play with when they came to their house. One of the items they bought was a thing of stacking cups. Since then at every family gathering all the brothers sit around seeing how high they can stack the cups on top of each other, alternating upside down then right side up. Until last month when we were visiting my parents in Michigan, the best anyone had ever done was 7 (done by Kevin about 3 years ago). I was sitting there after dinner, really feeling in the zone, my dad noticed how steady my hands were and the focused look in my eyes and grabbed the camera. He got the entire event on film. 1..2..3...4..5..6..7...8..9..10. I held it steady for about 20 seconds and then stood up screaming and shouting. My mom came into the room with tears in her eyes...tears of pride. And that is reason #418 why I am the favorite son. To see all the pictures click here.

For those of you wondering, Dave's record is 5 high, Dan's is 6.

No comments: