Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sad news

Today it was confirmed that my mother has Pancreatic Cancer, from what I have read and been told it seems like a pretty scary type of cancer to have. I am very thankful that my Mother is one of the strongest people I know and if there is anyone who can beat this thing, it is her. Hopefully she will be heading out to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN (Mayos if your from the U.P.) either this week or early next week to undergo a Whipple Procedure. They are one of the top places in the world to get this done, and my Mom deserves nothing but the best.

She is such an amazing person, she would do anything to help anyone in need and is always praying for the world and everyone who needs it. I am sure that God is being overwhelmed right now with prayers for my Mom. And one of my favorite comes from my neice Emily: She prayed that "Grandma's leg not get cut off with a saw, because then she couldn't walk and it would take 25 people to carry her." As Art Linkletter said "Kids say the Damnest things".

1 comment:

DErifter said...

Hey, Jon
That sucks about your mom. It's always tough to hear news like that. She sounds like a good woman. My wife and me will send up some prayers for her.