Friday, November 10, 2006

Libby's going to be a Big Sister

Beth had some exciting news for me about a month ago, she told me that she is pregant with our second child. Beth had her first doctors appointment on Wednesday and an ultrasound on Thursday. They did the ultrasound early to try and nail down the due date, as it looks like now it will be around June 13th, but probably earlier since Beth will have a repeat c-section. The ultrasound is actually very easy to read as it is a 4-D ultrasound, (I believe the D's stand for dodge, duck, dip and dodge) the head is on top, the gray dot in the middle is an eye. We are very lucky because Beth's OB/GYN performs a regular ultrasound and 4-D one each time, most charge $100 or so for this. With Libby we were able to see what parts of her face looked like in the womb and would have been able to see more except for Libby's feet and hands kept covering most of her face.
We are extra excited because Beth's sister Laura is due about 3 weeks before us. The two cousins will be bestest of friends, even if we have to force them to be. You can see a picture or Laura's baby here.
I really believe that this amazing news has really helped me cope with the death of my Mom last month. I know how excited my Mom would have been to hear that she is having a new grandbaby. I called my Mom's best friend Sherry today to tell her the good news and she squealed just like my Mom would have. She also attempted to quote Psalm 139:14 which my mom would quote to anyone who told her about their pregancy, but Sherry wasn't quite as good at it. Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Congrats to you, Beth, and Libby! How exciting!!! The age difference between you two little ones will be awesome....especially if you have another little girl. They'll be the best of friends!

Cavalor Epthith said...

You have no idea who I am but every now and then we come across genuinely nice, funny humans that are worthy of being added to our blogroll.

My wife is due with twins in January as you reckon time on Terra and I wish you and all of your the best.


Cavalor Epthith, esq.
Editor-in-Chief
The Dis brimstone-Daily Pitchfork

BoxcatAV said...

Congrats! I'm excited to see Baby Kurt #2!!

Anonymous said...

It really won't be baby Kurt #2. It may be Baby Jon Kurt #2, but not Baby Kurt #2. There have been many Kurt's born...I would hate to even count the number.

With that being said, Congratulations!!! Still wondering why I didn't get a phone call.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!!

Will said...

Awesome news, congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! How exciting to have this joy to comfort you this year!!! We are thrilled for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats..... Thanks be to God.....

Anonymous said...

I think the baby's look more like sibblings than cousins in the pictures, don't you?

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Sherry, Sherry, Sherry please do not add fuel to the fire.....

Anonymous said...

Congrats Beth, Joh and Libby!!!

That is such great news!

Does this mean that you need to hire a nanny?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jon and Beth. May you be blessed with a beautiful healthy child.

Amy Vich (jennings)

Ames said...

Congratulations on your most resent blessing. May all of your Hopes,Prayers and Dreams come true.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jon and Beth in your new addition to your family!!

Jamie Kloosterman