Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Today I turn 33 years old. Like beef jerky I get better and better with each passing year. Here are ten things you probably didn't know about me:
10. I like my steaks so rare that they are still mooing.
9. I am most all of my nieces and nephews favorite Uncle.
8. I am by far the best driver I know, except I can't parallel park to save my life.
7. I try to watch more TV in a day then most people watch in a week. When I start to home school Libby, the whole curriculum will be based on TV shows.
6. When I hear the "ding" that a new email has arrived, even if I'm in the other room, I still have to go in and check it.
5. I never finished college because I wasn't challenged enough in my classes. But I do have a degree in the School of Hard Knocks.
4. My favorite brand of beer is Leinenkugel.
3. I have only had two jobs my entire life, donuts and videos, as long as you don't count the 1 shift I worked at Meijer hauling manure to peoples cars.
2. When it comes to eating cheese, I am a mystery, wrapped up in an enigma and smothered with secret sauce.
1. I love to "fritter" my money away gambling and will bet on just about anything. Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

#9: You would probably be ALL of your nieces and nephews favorite Uncle, if you didn't spray them with cold water from a garden hose.
#8: 'nuff said
#3: I thought that being a male-mom was considered a job?
#1: You were the one who taught me to 'double-down' whenever I am feeling 'lucky' in Vegas.

Happy Birthday, Jon!
Love, Bic

Will said...

What is it about you Kurt brothers and being degenerate gamblers?

Sarah said...

I am glad that you have gotten back into the fetal position to get in touch with the day you were born. Judging by the way you are lying, I am guessing that a c-section will be the only way to get you out.

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

I like the fact that in the tradition of Susan, you used a really, really odd picture of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Apple Jon!

love, 'Liser-doodle

Noel Heikkinen said...

Happy Birthday. As a little B-Day gift, practice yourParallel Parking Here.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing, I didn't think you were strange at all. But I date Will, so that may have something to say about it.

Hope you have a fantastic b-day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jon! I do know how to parallel park, so if you ever need me to show you how, let me know. That is a darling picture of you and Beth!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jon. Hugs and kisses to everyone! Happy Thanksgiving, too.

Anonymous said...

You're probably the scariest driver I've ever seen. Before riding with you I would of thought it immpossible to check e-mail, voice mail,memos,change cd's,go 15 mph over the speed limit,change lanes, all while not watching the road.
-Jim Ladik