Saturday, June 16, 2007

Botanical Garden


On Thursday Grandma and I took Libby to the Memphis Botanical Gardens to get her out of the house for a while (Libby, not Grandma). While Libby didn't appreciate the flowers and trees quite as much as her Grandma, I think she had a fun time.

Libby got a bit tired of all the walking and rested a while on this rock.

Grandma bought some fish food for Libby to feed the fish with. The fish were carps about 2 feet long. As you can see there was nothing between Libby and the scary fish except for a little rope. If Libby had fallen in, I am afraid it would have been up to Grandma to rescue her as I am as afraid of fish as I am of birds. After feeding the fish we were almost attacked by as goose who thought we were trying to get her gosling. Luckily Grandma was there to protect us and squirt the goose with water from a water bottle as I ran away screaming like a girl.

Libby's favorite part of the gardens was when her Grandma taught her how to splash through a puddle. Grandma and Libby walked back and forth many times getting wetter and wetter each time.

No comments: