Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Damaged Sportcross

I took the car into the body shop today the the Lexus Dealership had recommended. I wanted an estimate before I called the insurance company because if it was only going to be around $500 I didn't want to have to submit a claim. To my untrained eye it looked like something that could just be buffed out, and when I mentioned that to the body shop they laughed at me. They came back with an estimate of just over $3,600. They have to replace both doors. Mario, who wrote up the estimate was saying that he had never seen a Lexus stationwagon, and had to call the dealership about a few questions he had about what was painted and what might be a decal, and the dealership said they were hard cars to come by. After the estimate I called the insurance company and put in a claim. Team 1 will be repairing the car this week. And luck would have it, when I got the auto insurance I also got the rental car coverage (cause it was only another $15 a year). So I am dropping the car off tomorrow in the A.M. and picking up the rental car across the street.

4 comments:

rudi said...

chalk one up for the self proclaimed 'best driver ever.' i'm very glad to hear that neither you nor my neice were hurt in the accident. and i can't believe that the cop didn't help you - did he see that you had a baby on board?

BoxcatAV said...

What happened?

Jon said...

Please see here.

http://jellyrollkurt.blogspot.com/2005/11/thumbs-down.html

Rich said...

buff out... did the Corey's tell you that.. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800088538

or

Spicoli.. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800064203