Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thumbs Down

Thumbs down to the Sportcross. On Friday I was going to go out with some friends who I use to work with. Beth's parents were nice enough to babysit. We were leaving my parents neighborhood on the way over there and while going around a hilly turn we hit some ice and slide into a tree and lamp post. The tree sustained minor damage as did the light post. Luckily neither Libby nor I were injured and the airbags didn't deploy so the car was drivable for the rest of the week and the trip home to Memphis. But I did make sure that we never traveled in the snow or ice. The car is fine for living down south, but since it is a rear wheel drive car, it sucks for up north. My Dad was kind enough to let us use his car. Brought back memories of having to ask Dad to use his car when I was 16.

2 comments:

rudi said...

a few months down south and you forget how to drive on snow and ice. i am embarrassed for you.

Rich said...

nice.. the only ardickle you could find was out of a Canadian mag.. good luck on the finished product.. now your car is going to rattle like Rudi's malibu stacie..

but really, i'm glad the only thing hurt was your pride and what a little pain that could have been.. :)