Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Trip home

Libby and I started out from Canton today around 6:15 a.m. for the long drive to Memphis. As usual Libby was a doll and slept 95% of the way there. It took us almost 13 hours. While going through Indianapolis, IN I felt the car starting to pull and knew that I had a flat tire. I am assuming that I wrecked the tire when I side swiped the tree on Friday. It is only a slow leak so I am hoping it can be repaired. I was trying to drive on it slowly until the next exit came up, the sign said 1 mile. But then I saw a cop sitting on the side of the road with his lights on. So I pulled over in front of him and went back to him and let him know I had a flat tire and had a baby in the car. Apparently Indiana's finest didn't want to get cold so he sat in the car while I froze my butt off changing the tire. As always I had to empty everying out of the hatchback to get to the full size spare. At the time I had 4 cases of Leinenkugel beer in my trunk, 2 cases of Berry Weiss and 2 cases of Apple Spice, neither of which are available here in TN. So I am sure the cop was wondering why I was hauling the beer around. If the cop had been nice enough to get out and help me I might even have given him a six of his choice. Needless to say Libby and I were very excited to see Beth when we got home.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Nice of you to bring Beth home some beer.