Thursday, November 10, 2005

New toy


***This Post has been approved by Dave***

About 18 months ago I bought an Archos multi media player at Best Buy, for some reason I decided to buy the 4 year extended warranty for an extra $40. After using it for about a year, the battery life on it really starting sucking. So I brought it back to Best Buy to get a new battery as part of the warranty. Since they had stopped carrying it, they gave me a Zen Creative multi media player. I barely used the thing for the next six months, but I was going to bring it on my trip to MN, so I took it out and noticed that the external speaker on it kept going in and out. So I once again brought it back to Best Buy to get it fixed under the warranty. They shipped it out, but then called me a week later saying they don't have parts for it, and since they stopped carrying them, they gave me a brand new 60 GB Video iPOD plus $165 store credit. Yay to the extended warranty. And I still have 2 1/2 years on the original extended warranty.

3 comments:

rudi said...

thats almost as sweet of a deal as the ladder.

Unknown said...

As I read "Yay" on your blog, I pictured you in your helmet (like Special Ed on Crank Yankers), yelling "Yaaaaaay!" like you did when you were little.

Miss Laura said...

Did they give you Bono, too?

This is Laura, by the way...it's cool, I'm safe!