Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jon Jr.

Libby and I visited one of her favorite stores today. While waiting in line at the paint department at Lowes, a nice older gentleman came up and started talking to Libby. The problem was he thought she was a boy. This was not totally his fault, because she was dressed in the above outfit and when sitting down in a shopping card it looks like it could be a little blue shirt with duckies and balloons on it. I guess I should have corrected him right away, but I didn't want to embarrass him. The old guy started asking Libby her name, and asking her if "her name was Joe", I looked on smiling for as long as possible until finally he turned to me and asked for "his" name. Because I am so quick thinking on my feet, the only name I could come up with was Jon. So whenever the guy would say "hi Jon" to Libby, Libby would look at him a bit oddly. I am pretty sure that the old man knew I was lying, but oh well. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dan said...

We used to get this a lot with you. We called you Jon-a-Lynn.