Tuesday, February 21, 2006

C.M.O.M

On Sunday we took my brother and his family to the Children's Museum of Memphis. The kids had been cooped up in the house all day Saturday because of the "ice storm". It is a great place and totally kicks G.R.C.M. in the butt.
.
Libby and I had fun riding a police motorcycle,

driving a car through downtown Memphis,

and not entering the human habitrail the wrong way.

The human habitrail was so cool, I wish I had been allowed to climb around in it. It was about 25 feet high and consisted of platforms wrapped in chicken wire, so the kids couldn't fall off.

My nephew (and Godson) Andy, played chess against some other random kid, but sadly, he got schooled. There were tons of other games to play in the game room, like Toptafel, of which I got the high score of the group, 165. There was also a full size Fed-Ex plane that you could crawl around the cockpit and play with the levers, a Kroger store full of fake foods that the kids could shop for and play check out with, a HUGE human heart that the kids could crawl through (it wasn't real I don't think), and a scale model of the Mississippi River complete with barges you could captain. All in all it was a fun day, and Libby and I will be back one day soon. It was also the first time we got much use out of Libby's BabyBjorn carrier. She was great in it and loved being able to look around and see everything.

3 comments:

Rich said...

Nice use of the Exit Only!!!

Rich said...

Jon
where’s Ponch
?

Dan said...

You forgot that they had a life size replica of earth that the kids could crawl on.